Race Results and Photos by Susan
Thank You for a Great 2016 HIPA season!
Check back in early November for updates on the 2017 season.
Please send an email to HipaEmail@gmail.com if you have any questions or would be willing to help next season!
Congratulations to our 2016 Point Series winners.
OC1 Men 30-39 Samson Castillio 1st
OC1 Men 40-49 Eddie Hayward 1st, Theron Ogata 2nd, Alex De Miranda 3rd
OC1 Men 50-59 Hunter Anderson 1st, Lin Cox 2nd, Scott Ferry 3rd
OC1 Men 60+ Jeff Clemenson 1st
OC1 Men Novice Joshua Allen 1st, Lorin Sellars 2nd
OC1 Women 40-49 Tina Flower 1st
OC1 Women 50-59 Miri Sumida 1st, Leila Duim 2nd
OC1 Women Novice Linda Robb 1st
SUP Men Alec Fierman 1st
Va’a Men Kekua Nolan 1st, Zachary Judd 2nd, Koa Spoon 3rd
- Age group paddlers must participate in at least 7 races on the long course to qualify for point series awards.
- Novice and Va'a categories must participate in at least 6 races. This allows for no short course Novice division at Keokea and HIPA encourages the use of a rudder at Keokea.
- Only categories with a potential award winner(s) have been listed.
- The two relay races are one (1) participation point each.
- You do not have to be a HIPA member to qualify. Because membership only costs $50 and you would have saved $60 or more if you had joined.
Even Lower Race Fees for HIPA members in 2016!
Each Race for 2016 will be only $15 for HIPA members in good standing and $25 for non-members.
Individual HIPA Memberships: Adult $50 Junior $15 for 17 and under.
Family HIPA Membership: $100 for 2 adult paddlers & up to 2 children, 17 yrs & under
All HIPA memberships include use of the HIPA facilities at Honokahau harbor and $10 off each race entry fee.
HIPA Membership is included with storage rack fees at the HIPA halau. Annual $180 ($160 for upper rack). Full payment due by 02/01/2016
2015 Point Series Tally
Anyone that uses the HIPA facilities at Honokahau harbor must be a HIPA member in good standing. The general public is able to use the harbor facilities at any time but our club area is only for HIPA members.
More information about the HIPA halua at the Harbor can be found on the Halua Canoe Storage Page.